Summer Law Camp
Participants get a taste of college life and develop complex skills in research, conducting a trial, critical thinking, team building, leadership and techniques of persuasion and debate during this week long residential program ending with a mock trial.
- Get one on one instruction from New Mexico lawyers.
- Meet with lawyers, judges and community partners to learn more about a career in law and how to get to college.
- Experience what being a lawyer is like.
- Visit courthouses, law offices, and the UNM School of Law.
- Live in the UNM Dorms and meet new friends from all around New Mexico.
Who should apply?
- Current New Mexico Residents
- Current 6th & 7th grade students
- Students with an interest in the law field
- * 24 students are selected for this free, one week, residential camp at The University of New Mexico in June or July.
Summer 2019 Camps
- Camp 1: June 23 - 28, 2019
- Camp 2: July 7 - 12, 2019
How to Apply
- Application will be made available Monday, March 4th, 2019
- Application will be due Friday, April 5th, 2019 by 5 PM.
*Transportation to and from the camp at UNM on the 1st and last day of programming must be provided by the parent/guardian.