Hispanic Youth Research & Leadership Program
Participants get a taste of college life, develop an understanding of the complex skills in research and gain information on the opportunities available through the STEM field. This 9 day, 8 night camp ends with a presentation of research for staff and family.
- Meet professionals in the STEM field from the community and UNM.
- Develop research and leadership skills.
- Gain career and college readiness preparation.
- Visit the UNM School or Engineering and School of Medicine
- Live in the UNM Dorms and meet new friends from all around New Mexico.
Who should apply?
- Current New Mexico Residents
- Current high school freshman, sophomores and juniors
- Low Income and/or first generation and/or underrepresented population.
FREE!* 30 students are selected for this 9 day, 8 night residential camp at the University of New Mexico in June.
*Transportation to and from the camp at UNM on the 1st and last day of programming must be provided by the parent/guardian.