College Readiness Program
The College Readiness Program is a year round program that focuses on providing ACT prep and College & Career Preparation to low income, first generation and underserved populations.
• Summer Residential Camp (3 nights and 4 days) - College Readiness Participants will stay overnight in the UNM dorms and experience the academic and social life the university offers. The summer session consists of leadership activities, team building exercises, tours and presentations from UNM programs and colleges.
*Please note that Summer Programming will be held virtually. If circumstances change, programming may be held in person and students chosen to participate will have to follow UNM COVID-19 guidelines.
• ACT Prep & College and Career Readiness (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022) - Participants will complete a Mock ACT and will be given scores to use as they work through ACT prep curriculum throughout the fall semester. Students will also participate in college & career readiness curriculum designed to help students prepare for the college application process, choosing a major & career and developing career readiness skills.
- Gain the skills and resources to successfully navigate the college application process and prepare yourself for college life.
- One-on-one support and feedback
- FREE ACT – CPP will pay for up to 3 ACT tests. Student eligibility depends on class attendance.
Who should apply?
- Current High School upcoming Sophomores and Juniors who reside in New Mexico.
- Low income and/or first generation and/or be in an underserved population.
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
Summer 2021 Program
- Summer Camp Dates: June 28-30, 2021
Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Program
- Student will attend 1 to 2 workshops per month.
- Fall programming will resume in September 2021.
FREE!* 25 students are selected for this year-round college & career readiness program.